Fact Sheet Search

Fact Sheet Alphabetical List

Temporary Lodging

Dormitory Reception Center (DRC)
DSN 480-3676; +49-6371-47-3676

Kaiserslautern Community Lodging
DSN 480-4920; +49-6371-47-4920
Website: Click Here

You do not need your orders to make a reservation!  You should make your lodging reservation as soon as you know your anticipated arrival date.  Be sure to provide lodging an update if your anticipated travel-date changes.  Changes to travel dates could result in on-base accommodations or a specific room type to no longer be available for the duration of the stay.

 All lodging guests must provide a valid credit card and government identification card for verification purposes at time of check-in.  Guests who do not have a valid credit card at check-in must pay for the entire stay up front with check or cash (or 30 days room fees up-front for longer stays).

Lodging facilities are located at Ramstein AB, Landstuhl Post, Kapaun, and Vogelweh Housing Area.  Lodging provides family, officer and enlisted quarters on a priority basis to all military and authorized civilians relocating to and visiting the KMC. The maximum Temporary Lodging Facility (TLF) stay is 30 days, if available when booking - there is no guarantee that you will be offered a Temporary Living Facility on your assigned installation.  It is likely that individuals and families may be required to stay on Landstuhl, Vogelweh, or off-base during peak travel periods.  A limited number of pet-friendly TLFs are available on Ramstein AB. Note: If non-pet TLFs are available, a certificate of Non-Availability will NOT be issued. Occupants will obtain appropriate care for their pets when pet units are not available.

You can make your own reservations or your sponsor can assist you online at the Kaiserslautern Community Lodging website or you can call the central reservations desk at DSN: 314-480-4920 or +49-6371-47-4920 (international calling rates may apply).

If off-base lodging arrangements must be made, lodging will normally offer commercial lodging at lower, pre-negotiated, tax-free rates at selected local hotels. Lodging will normally only issue a non-availability statement when no on-base or contract lodging is available. If you are issued a non-availability letter, contact your sponsor for assistance in making other lodging arrangements and be sure to use a Value Added Tax (VAT) form to avoid paying the local taxes (about 19%). For more information about VAT forms and how to get them, click here and scroll to the bottom.

The Ramstein lodging office is located at the Kaiserslautern Military Community Center (KMCC), building 3336, directly across the street from the Air Mobility Command (AMC) Passenger Terminal on Ramstein. The Vogelweh/Kapaun reception desk is in building 1002 on Vogelweh AB.  The Landstuhl reception desk is in building 3756 on Landstuhl Post.

Single and/or Unaccompanied E-3s and Below
Single or unaccompanied military members in grades E-1 through E-3 ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TEMPORARY LODGING ALLOWANCE. After your sponsor meets you at the airport, your first stop on base should be the DRC to be assigned a room. If you arrive on a weekend, holiday or down day, your sponsor can stop by the DRC one day earlier to get keys to a hospitality room until you can contact the DRC.

Dormitory Reception Center: Bldg 2108 : DSN: 314-480-3676