Collapse All Expand All
 Deployment Transition Center

Can I take leave en-route?
No. Since you are still deployed while at the DTC, leave en-route is not authorized.

Can my family visit me while I’m at the DTC?
Family members are not allowed at the DTC campus, but they are not prohibited from visiting you on base during your free time.

Do I have to wear a uniform?
No. Civilian attire is uniform of the day for all four days.  Please bring climate-appropriate clothing, as you will be outside for the majority of the off-site outing.

How long is the program?
There are two class days and two travel days. Most teams arrive in the afternoon on day one, and depart in the early morning on day four.

Is the DTC a Mental Health program?
No. There are no mandatory consultations with a mental health professional, though redeployers have all resources available to them if they so desire.

Where will I be staying while at the DTC?
All redeployers are housed in our own temporary lodging facility apartments on the DTC campus. Accomodations are spacious, clean and well-furnished (including wireless internet).

Who has to go through the DTC?
Selected teams of Airmen from varying mission sets that experienced high-threat, outside the wire combat situations while deployed.

Who should I contact if I think my redeployers should attend the DTC?
Please contact the DTC Program Manager at DSN: 314-478-4588.

 KMC Economic Impact
Click below for FY10 EIS
EIS Document
 Ramstein Finance Customer Service

I have a Recruiter Assistance Program (RAP) letter from my recruiter, but could not file it with my PiPS voucher. How do I get my leave back?
You may send a scanned copy of the recruiter provided letter to the Finance Customer Service Inbox at 86CPTS.Finance@ramstein.af.mil. The letter must contain your name, rank, social security number, and the dates you participated in RAP. This letter must also be signed by your recruiter's Commander. Please verify via LeaveWeb that your leave has been charged before submitting the letter.

Can Finance assist me with Montgomery GI Bill (MGIB) questions?
Only to inquire the amount contributed to your GI bill thus far. If you have questions pertaining to MGIB refunds, benefits or eligibility you will need to contact the Education Office.

Can I file for TLA if I am staying with friends?
Yes, if you stay with friends or family you may file TLA and claim the meal portion of your per diem entitlement. Money given to friends or family to help offset the additional cost of your stay cannot be claimed as a lodging cost.

Can TLA be split-disbursed to my Government Travel Card (GTC)?
No. Due to TLA being a military pay entitlement paid as part of your military paycheck, systems limitations do not permit the ability to split disburse the amount toward the GTC.

Do I get BAH while in a PCS status between bases?
Yes, you continue to receive BAH at the rate applicable to you based upon grade and dependency status. If you are PCSing OCONUS to CONUS, traveling PCS between OCONUS locations, or you are en-route to your first duty station (and not to an additional tech school) you will receive BAH-T while in travel status. If you are traveling from one CONUS PDS to another CONUS or travelling to a OCONUS location, you will receive the BAH rate for your old PDS until the day you report to your new PDS, at which time you will receive BAH for the new PDS (CONUS). This rate will continue until you report to your new PDS, even if you are taking leave or participating in the Recruiter's Assistance Program en-route to your PCS.

Do I need receipts for my accrual voucher?
No, you do not need to provide any receipts with your accrual. However, you must save your receipts as you will need them when you return from your TDY and complete your final settlement voucher. Remember, accrual vouchers are considered travel advances and will be factored in when your final voucher is paid.

Does changing my state of legal residence change my home of record?
No, changing your state of legal residence only impacts the state you claim for state income tax purposes. This transaction has no bearing on your home of record as specified with the military personnel flight.

Half of my allotment came out of my mid-month pay, but the bank didn't receive the funds. Why?
The Defense Finance & Accounting Service disburses allotments once per month. Although funds are collected at mid-month, they are not paid to a banking institution. The disbursement to the bank or receiving institution takes place at the beginning of each month. Allotments are collected evenly from both pay periods to minimize fluctuations in the amount of pay you receive. For example, if you have an allotment of $100 per month, your two paychecks for the month will each show a deduction of $50. The full $100 payment is made to the bank at the end of the month.

How can I file for my Family Separation Allowance (FSA)?
To file for FSA, you must have approved TDY orders for official travel in excess of 30 days. In addition, you must submit a DD Form 1561 (Statement to Substantiate Payment of Family Separation Allowance), along with a copy (back and front) of your TDY orders to 86CPTS.Finance@ramstein.af.mil. Alternatively if you did not receive FSA during your TDY you may file a DD Form 1561 with your final settlement voucher, and it will be paid as a lump-sum for the duration of the TDY.

How do I file a Housing/Security Deposit Advance?
Once you have entered into a contractual agreement with the Housing Office, you will complete an AF Form 1039 for your housing advance. This form must have your commander's signature before filing for your advance with our office. In addition to this form, we also require a copy of your rental agreement (front and back) and a copy of your PCS orders (front and back). The normal turn around for Advance Housing/Security Deposit is 3-5 business days. The funds will automatically be transferred to your current Military Pay bank account. Repayment of your Advance Rent will be deducted from your pay over a 12 month repayment period. Additionally, you have the option of deferring your Security Deposit until you terminate economy housing or PCS. Otherwise, the Security Deposit will be deducted from your pay over a 12 month period.

How do I stop my deployed entitlements when I return?
Your deployed entitlements are stopped when you file your final travel voucher. If in reviewing your LES, you notice your entitlements have not stopped and you have received payment for your travel voucher, please contact your local Finance Office. Please note: Hostile Fire Pay (HFP) and Combat Zone Tax Exclusion (CZTE) are paid for the entire month, regardless if you were only in the qualifying areas for one day.

How long do I need to be TDY or deployed to receive Hardship Duty Pay (HDP)?
You must be on duty over 30 days in an area that qualifies for Hardship Duty Pay before the entitlement can begin. HDP-L is a daily entitlement and is prorated after the initial 30 days.

How many days of TLE am I authorized? How is it different from TLA?
The number of days TLE days authorized is based on where you PCS from and to:
Overseas to Stateside: authorized 10 days at the new stateside base after arrival.
Stateside to Overseas: authorized 5 days stateside at the old PDS prior to departure.
Stateside to Stateside: authorized 10 days total at either stateside location. Example: 5 days at losing station and 5 days at gaining station.
Overseas to Overseas: TLE is a stateside entitlement and not payable while living in temporary quarters overseas rather Temporary Lodging Allowance (TLA) is payable. If the number of days you actually occupy temporary lodging is less than what you are authorized, you will only be reimbursed for the actual days in lodging.
TLE is not authorized in conjunction with separation or retirement from Active Duty.

How often can I file an accrual voucher?
Non-Defense Travel System (DTS) TDYs exceeding 45 days qualify for accrual or interim payments. The first accrual may be filed 30 days after departure date from your duty station. You will continue to submit accruals once every 30 days thereafter. To file your non-DTS accrual travel voucher, please visit vMPF on the AF Portal. Lastly, when submitting accrual vouchers, please forward a copy of your orders (front and back) to your servicing Finance Office to ensure your accrual is processed in a timely manner.

I am married to another military member, and one of us is deploying. Who would be entitled to Family Separation Allowance (FSA)?
The military member on orders causing the separation (i.e. the one deploying), will be the one receiving all deployed entitlements including FSA.

I have postal receipts of items I mailed before/during my PCS. How can I get reimbursed?
Please take your mailing receipts to the TMO office located in Bldg. 2106. They will provide you with a memorandum authorizing reimbursement. You may then file a DD 1351-2 (Travel Voucher) for reimbursement. Please attach the memorandum, a copy of all receipts and a copy of your PCS orders (back and front), and submit the voucher to the Finance Customer Service Inbox at 86CPTS.Finance@ramstein.af.mil.

I just arrived my new duty station, but was not able to see my mid-month pay statement in MyPay. Is this normal?
Yes. Although your monthly LES is available, the mid-month pay statment is not available while you are in-transit between bases. Once you have accomplished your PiPS Voucher and gained into the Finance system accordingly you will be able to view your mid-month pay statement once again.

I made my allotment after I received my mid-month paycheck, how will my allotment work?
Allotments are set to deduct half of the full allotment amount on each pay period (1st half from the mid month, 2nd half from the end of month paycheck). However, the allotment must meet the amount quota at the end of the month; therefore, it will take the whole amount from your end of month if created after your mid-month paycheck. Allotments are programmed to only pay at the end of the month so the amount quota must be met by then.

I need my MyPay pin reset, and I have not received the email to reset it.
During our cashier hours (Monday - Fridays 8 to 10 a.m.) we are able to reset MyPay PINs. Please visit our office during this time to have your PIN reset and you will be provided with a temporary PIN. As a security precaution, you must visit our office with your CAC to conduct the reset. A PIN reset cannot be accomplished on your behalf, even with a special power of attorney.

I want to pay off my debt, or repay my security deposit. How may I do that?
Cashier hours are Monday - Friday from 8 to 10 a.m. Once payment is made the cashier will certify the collection voucher and provide you a copy for your records. Payment can be made via US dollars cash, check, or money order.

I would like to establish a different account for my paycheck to be paid to. How can I set that up?
Log into MyPay, and under "Direct Deposit," you can make changes to the banking institution information. You will need your Account Number, Bank Routing Number, and whether the account is a checking or savings account. The updates should be effective during your next pay period. NOTE: We recommend you make the changes within 1-3 days after you have receive your paycheck to ensure your next payment goes to your new account. Additionally, do not close your former account until you are sure your paycheck has been deposited into your new account.

My rank has changed. Do I need to visit you to make any updates?
If you just had a change in rank, you do not need to visit Finance as promotion data automatically flows from the personnel system to the military pay system. If your LES does not reflect your new rank within 30 days, please visit your servicing Military Personnel Flight for an update.

My travel voucher paid out but I need a copy of the voucher summary for my records. Is there a way to request a voucher summary for any of my recently paid vouchers?
Yes. You may send a request to the Finance Customer Service Inbox at 86CPTS.Finance@ramstein.af.mil. Please include your name, rank, social security number, timeline, and location of travel for the voucher, and if possible, the order number.

Upon PCS, when do my overseas allowances stop?
Your OHA stops the day you vacate economy quarters and terminate the contract with housing. Your COLA, however, stops the date prior to your port call date or departure from the local area if you are driving to another USAFE duty station. You will be in a "travel status" and receive your Basic pay, BAS and BAH-T rate until you report to your new duty station.

What are the guidelines for Advance Military Pay?
Up to 3 months of your basic pay, less deductions, may be advanced within 30 days of PCS or up to 60 days after arrival at new duty station. All advances for military members, E-4 or higher, that are requesting one month advance pay may submit their advance request via e-Finance (available on AF Portal).
Those members requesting more than one month's advance, are of the pay grade E-3 or below, requesting a repayment of more than 12 months, or are requesting advances 61-180 days after arriving on station must complete a DD Form 2560 ( Advance Pay Certification), accomplish Part II with Part V accomplished by your Unit Commander. Please forward this form and a copy of your PCS orders (back and front) to the Finance Customer Service Inbox at 86CPTS.Finance@ramstein.af.mil.
The normal turn around for your advance is 3-5 business days with funds transferred to your current Military Pay bank account. Repayment is deducted from your pay over a 12 month period or up to 24 months with proper justification and commander approval.

What does the term “Advance Debt” on my LES mean?
due to recent changes to your pay record (transitioning during a PCS, returning from deployment, etc) there has been a debt posted to your record. If you have an advance debt on your record, please notify your Servicing Finance Office immediately to schedule a possible repayment option. Please note, you have a 30 day grace period beginning from the day the debt initially reflected on your LES. If no action is taken during this period, the debt will be recouped in full on the following pay period.

What is Dislocation Allowance (DLA)?
DLA is an allowance designed to help offset the cost of moving your household from one location to another in connection with a PCS or other government funded move. DLA is a flat amount based on your rank and dependency status, and can be used for any purpose. DLA is claimed and paid on your PCS voucher. For military members E-4 and below (3 years or less in service), please provide a letter from your installation unaccompanied housing manager to receive DLA.

What is the Cost Of Living Allowance Based off of?
COLA is calculated based on the service member's years in service, whether or not the member is in the dorms or residing on the economy, the number of command-sponsored dependents residing with the member and location of the duty station. Dorm residents receive 53% of the off-base single COLA rate. Service members may receive COLA based on a maximum of 5 command sponsored dependents. COLA values can be queried at the below website: http://www.defensetravel.dod.mil/perdiem/ocform.html.

When do I need to pay back my deferred Security Deposit?
You must repay your security deposit when you vacate your current economy quarters regardless if this is done prior to your DEROS. Repayment options include payroll deduction or cash collection. Security Deposits deferred until your DEROS date must be repaid if move into a different house or if you move into military family house.

Who do I contact regarding issues with the Thrift Savings Plan (TSP)?
Any questions concerning your TSP account should be directed to the Thrift Savings Plan Website at www.tsp.gov or you may call 1-TSP-YOU-FRST (1-877-968-3778). To change withholding for TSP, please use myPay. To change the allocation of your contributions between TSP funds, use the TSP Website.

 Space A Travel

A travel recording phone number is available: 479-4440 (Commercial: 06371-46-4440). For additional information, call 479-4441/4442 (Commercial: 06371-46-4441/4442).

As a Reservist, where can I fly?
Reserve members with DD Form 2 (Red) identification and DD Form 1853 may fly to, from and between Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, Guam, American Samoa and the CONUS. Additionally, when on active duty, members may fly anywhere overseas that AMC has flights operating.

As a retiree, where can I fly?
Retired members with DD Form 2 (Blue) identification card may fly anywhere AMC has flights operating, including the CONUS.

Can I call the bases for flight information? If so, what are the phone numbers?
We encourage you to call the passenger terminal you plan on traveling through 30-60 days before travel. The terminal will be happy to discuss their flight schedule, Space A backlog, movement forecast, etc.

Can I fly on Space A on other than AMC flights?
Yes. Your travel eligibility is for all DoD-owned or controlled aircraft. AMC, however, does not always have knowledge of other command/services' flights. Telephone numbers are available for many of the passenger terminals in the CONUS.

Can I have family members travel with another military member if given power of attorney, other releases, or authority?
No. Family members may only travel when accompanied by their sponsor.

Can I pay for excess baggage when flying Space A?
No. Only duty status passengers may pay for excess baggage.

Can my pet travel with me on a Space A flight?
No. DoD has reserved pet shipments for passengers in permanent change of station (PCS) status. Additionally, travel with pets would be difficult at best due to limited aircraft pet spaces, pet import documentation requirements and the possibility of quarantine in the event of an aircraft divert.

Can people travel Space A to Alaska or South America?
Yes. Travelers may obtain Space A travel to Alaska, South America and other interesting locations (i.e., Australia, New Zealand, etc.). Travel to Alaska is relatively easy when departing from the West Coast (Travis AFB, California, and McChord AFB, Washington). Travel to South America and other remote areas is much more difficult. Infrequent flights to remote areas are primarily cargo missions and have few seats available for passenger movement. Expect long waiting periods for movement.

Do I have to be in uniform to travel?
Each service determines their own travel uniform policies. Currently, all the services permit appropriate civilian attire on DoD-owned or controlled aircraft. When civilian clothing is worn, use common sense. Attire should be in good taste and not in conflict with accepted attire in the overseas country of departure, transit or destination, as defined by the DoD Foreign Clearance Guide. It should also be capable of keeping you warm especially on military aircraft.

Do you have any recommendations on baggage?
Yes. Travel light, take only essentials. Do not place valuables, medicine, or important documents in your check baggage. Be sure your name and current address are on and inside your bags. AMC terminals have baggage ID tags available for you to use.

How can I find where my name is on the Space A register?
Each terminal maintains a Space A register (organized alphabetically, by priority and the date and time of registration for travel) that is updated daily. The register is conveniently located in the terminal and directly accessible to you. Travelers may call the terminal direct to find where they stand travel-wise.

How long does my name stay on the Space A list?
All travelers remain on the register 60 days after registration, for the duration of their leave orders authorization, or until they are selected for travel, whichever occurs first. Revalidation has been eliminated.

How much baggage can I take?
As a Space A traveler, you may check two pieces of luggage at 70 pounds each per person. Family members traveling together may pool their baggage allowance as long as the total does not exceed the total allowance. You may hand carry only what fits under your seat or in the overhead compartment, if available.

I am disabled. Can I have a brother, sister or friend accompany me to help me?
The only persons permitted to accompany you are your dependents (not in the CONUS) or other persons eligible for Space A travel. Every effort shall be made to transport passengers with disabilities who are otherwise eligible to travel. Passenger service personnel and crew members shall provide assistance in boarding, seating, and deplaning passengers with special needs.

I am retired and am traveling on a passport and my flight originated overseas. Where in the CONUS can I fly into?
When traveling on a passport, (family members, retired uniform service, reserve, etc.,) you may return to the CONUS only through authorized ports of entry where customs and immigration clearance is available. While you may depart the CONUS literally from any military airfield, reentry locations for passport holders are limited. Active-duty passengers who do not require immigration clearance have more reentry options open.

Is it easier to go to some destinations?
Yes. Places where we fly often (Germany) are much easier than low-frequency areas (Australia or New Zealand).

Is Space A travel a reasonable substitute for travel on a commercial airline?
The answer depends on you! If your travel schedule is flexible and your finances permit for a stay (sometimes in a "high-cost" area), while awaiting movement, Space A travel is a good travel choice. While some travelers sign up and travel may be the same day, many factors could come together to make buying a commercial ticket your best or only option. Remember, Space A travel success depends on flexibility and good timing.

What are the trends in the availability of Space A travel? Does it seem as if there will be more or less Space A travel in the coming year?
Although AMC has led efforts to improve Space A travel in the past few years, movement still remains a result of unused seats. Present DoD personnel and budget trends are effecting Space A movement opportunity. AMC is dedicated to putting a passenger in every available seat.

What facilities are available at AMC terminals (nursery, BX, snack bar)?
Facilities at most military terminals are generally the same as commercial facilities. Facilities include exchanges, barber shops, snack bars, pay television (free television lounge in some military terminals), traveler assistance, baggage lockers or rooms, United Services Organization (USO) lounges, and nurseries (at major terminals). The type of facility available will vary according to the terminal size and location. NOTE: Most AMC passenger terminals close at night. Space A travelers should be prepared to defray billeting expenses.

What is country sign-up, and how does it affect me?
Under this program, you may sign up for five different countries rather than five different destinations. You are also eligible for the "ALL" sign-up which makes you eligible for all other destinations served. This gives you a greater selection of destinations from which to choose.

What is remote sign-up?
Remote sign-up allows passengers to enter the backlog by faxing copies of proper service documentation along with desired country destinations and family members first names to the aerial port of departure. The fax data header will establish date/time of sign-up; therefore, active-duty personnel must ensure the fax is sent no earlier than the effective date of leave. AMC terminals are not responsible for faxes not received. Mail entries will also be permitted. Some of our AMC terminals now accept e-mail sign-up. The original date and time of sign-up shall be documented and stay with the passenger until his or her destination is reached. On reaching destination, the passenger may again sign-up for space available travel to return to home station. NOTE: If applicable, a statement that all required border clearance documents are current, is required.

What is self sign-up?
Self sign-up is a program that allows passengers to sign-up at a terminal without waiting in line. Most locations now provide self sign-up counters with easy to follow instructions for registration. Active duty personnel must ensure sign-up takes place no earlier than the effective date of leave. If your travel will take you to a foreign country, ensure border clearance documentation is up to date. If you are unsure, verify it with a passenger service representative on duty.

What is Space A travel?
Space A travel, or space-available travel, is a perk earned by military members and retirees. It allows those people to fly for little or no cost to almost anywhere the military flies. Air Mobility Command manages Space A travel for the Air Force. For more information, please click here.

What is the best time of the year to travel Space A?
Any time other than peak travel and holiday (December through January, and June through July) periods.

Where and when can my family members travel with me?
Except EML, Emergency Travel and Command-Sponsored Category V, family members must be accompanied by the sponsor to fly Space A. Family members may travel to/from and between overseas locations but not within the CONUS unless manifested on domestic leg segments of international travel.

Who determines eligibility to fly Space A?
The four services jointly establish Space A eligibility. AMC's first responsibility is airlifting official DoD traffic. Space A passengers are accommodated only after official duty passengers and cargo.

Will Space A travel cost much?
In general, no. Some terminals must collect a head tax or a federal inspection fee from Space A passengers on commercial contract missions. Meals may be purchased at a nominal fee out of most air terminals while traveling on military aircraft. Meal service on AMC Category B full planeload charters is complimentary.