Passports & ID cards

We are currently accepting passport applications and issuing Common Access Cards (CACs) by appointment only. Please plan ahead and schedule an appointment via Appointment Plus using the link below. If you are unable to come to your appointment, please cancel it via Appointment Plus so we can make it available to others. Appointments must be cancelled at least 24 hours in advance. They are in high demand and your early cancellation will give another person the chance to schedule an appointment. Please ensure you only select appointment days and times for the service you require. There are specific days for acceptance of official/no-fee passport and tourist passport applications and you will be asked to reschedule if you select the wrong service.

Ramstein Passport Office

The Ramstein Passport Office is located in Bldg 2106, Room 110. Please note that all Department of Defense ID card holders must apply for passports through their servicing military passport facility. Consular passport services are only available in emergency situations and with prior coordination through a military passport facility. In accordance with local support agreements, please be advised that the following personnel are serviced by the USAG Rheinland-Pfalz (Kleber Kaserne or Baumholder): Military, civilian and contract personnel assigned to or sponsored by the Army and their family members (including AAFES, DoDDS and DLA).

Military members must obtain a tourist passport for leisure travel to other countries. Command-sponsored civilians and their family members as well as command-sponsored family members of military personnel are required to obtain a no-fee passport prior to arrival in Germany (US citizens only). They are highly encouraged to have both tourist and no-fee passports while residing in Germany. No-fee passports are not to be used for leisure travel; they are for official travel only. Contractors, local hire civilians and non-command sponsored family members must be in possession of a tourist passport and obtain a SOFA card within 90 days of arrival in Germany.  Sponsors with foreign national family members should seek guidance from our office to find out if a SOFA card must be issued to the foreign national prior to their arrival.  The Foreign Clearance Guide also provides information regarding entry and exit requirements.

Hours of operation:  Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and Wednesday: 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. We see customers applying for a passport on an appointment only basis. Please go to AppointmentPlus to schedule an appointment. Birth registrations are done by appointment only. However, please do not schedule a birth registration appointment via AppointmentPlus. Please see instructions below. If you have any questions, please send an e-mail to or call DSN 314-480-2240/ Commercial 06371-47-2240.

Available Walk-in Services:  Military or civilian members with an approved Memo in Lieu of Orders or TDY/deployment orders who are unable to schedule a timely appointment via AppointmentPlus may come in as a walk-in customer on Mondays or Fridays between 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. or 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. All personnel may come in as a walk-in customer for the following services only:  passport pick-ups, SOFA card pick-ups, out-processing, visas and questions.  Walk-in hours for these services are Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays between 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. and Wednesdays between 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.

Checklists/Guides for passport applications:
Tourist Passport Checklist – FIRST ADULT/MINORS/LOST
Tourist Passport Checklist – ADULT RENEWAL
Tourist Passport Adult Renewal via DropBox – CHECKLIST AND INSTRUCTIONS
Red Official Passport Checklist
Expedite Request Template for Official Passports
No-Fee Dependent Passport Checklist
How to register your newborn

Travel Information:
Are you ready to tour Europe?
SOFA Status – What does this mean to you?

Baby Passports and birth registrations (consular report of birth abroad) are done by appointment only. Please download and carefully review the "How to register your newborn" package above. When ready to apply for the Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) online, please click on the following link to create a MyTravelGov account. The new eCRBA process allows U.S. citizen parents to complete an online CRBA application, upload all required documents, and submit payment prior to scheduling an appointment for acceptance of the original documents at our office. Any passport applications for the newborn can also be processed during this appointment. NOTE: We highly encourage parents to apply for a tourist and no-fee passport for their newborn, who must be command sponsored and enrolled in DEERS to apply for a no-fee passport. Also, both parents and the baby must be present during the appointment. The $100 fee for the eCRBA will be paid for online after you complete your application. The $135 fee for a tourist passport must be paid for during your appointment at our office.

Tourist Passport and other fees are as follows:
Tourist Passport Adult (Age 16 and older; first or replacement passport if lost or mutilated) $165
Tourist Passport Adult (Renewal) $130
Tourist Passport Minors (under age 16) $135
Consular Report of Birth Abroad $100

*We only accept money orders or cashier checks; no cash, credit cards or personal checks.

For official passport and visa requirements, please contact your UDM or the Passport Office for more details. You may also visit the MPF One Stop Shop SharePoint Site to find various guides, checklists and authorization memo templates.

How to obtain or renew a Status of Forces Agreement (SOFA) certificate: 
We are currently processing SOFA certificates virtually and you will just need to pick up the certificates and bring the original passport for verification. Please submit below listed items via encrypted e-mail to Please submit all attachments in a single e-mail to prevent delays. We may request additional documents if required. If your dependent(s) are a non-U.S. passport holders, please list the citizenship of your dependent(s) in the e-mail request.

Service member dependents:

  • Copy of passport data page
  • A copy of the dependent(s) ID card or a RAPIDS-generated DD Form 1172-2 showing all dependents are enrolled in DEERS (valid for 90 days after form is generated via MilConnect)
  • AMS Surf showing DEROS date
  • PCS orders to Ramstein

Civilians or Contractors and their Dependents:

  • Copy of passport data page
  • A copy of the dependent(s) ID card or a RAPIDS-generated DD Form 1172-2 showing all dependents are enrolled in DEERS (valid for 90 days after form is generated via MilConnect)
  • CPO/HRO/DOCPER certified AE Form 600-77A (valid for 90 days after certification)  


Ramstein ID Cards Office

The Ramstein ID Cards Office is located in Bldg 2106, Room 117. We offer the following services: Initial issue and renewal of Common Access Card (CAC), Dependent ID Cards, Retiree ID Cards, out-processing, certificate updates, resets of PINs and blocked CACs, verified DD Form 1172-2 print-outs, DEERS enrollment and marriage and divorce updates. CACs and ID cards are normally reissued within 30 days of the expiration date or if personal information needs to be changed (i.e. name, grade etc.).

Please use the following guidance First Time CAC User Guide for initial CACs and CAC Replacement Guide for CAC renewals.

Please be advised that all DoD civilians must bring a DD Form 1172-2 from their servicing personnel office or sponsoring agency. Contract personnel requesting overseas privileges must also bring a DD Form 1172-2 from DOCPER or their sponsoring agency. All dependents must be accompanied by their sponsor to obtain an ID card. Exceptions: the dependent provides either a DD Form 1172-2 signed by the sponsor and a DEERS verifying official, a general or special power of attorney, or a digitally signed DD Form 1172-2 generated via RAPIDS DoD self-service (MilConnect). DD Forms 1172-2 are only valid for 90 days after signature of the sponsor or sponsoring agency. We are currently renewing dependent ID cards virtually via our Dependent ID Online (DIDO) process. To renew or replace your dependents’ ID cards online, please go to Dependent ID Online (DIDO) for further instructions.

Hours of Operation: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and Wednesday: 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. We see customers on an appointment only basis, but allow walk-ins for blocked CACs, short notice administrative separations, dependent ID card pick-ups, and lost/stolen CACs/ID cards. Please go to AppointmentPlus to schedule an appointment. If you have any questions, please send an e-mail to or call DSN 314-480-2240/ Commercial 06371-47-2240.

For lost or stolen ID Cards, please provide a "lost/stolen ID Card" letter signed by your commander, first sergeant, or flight commander and the Law Enforcement Desk and two forms of picture ID.

ID Card Lost Letter - Active Duty
ID Card Lost Letter - Civilian or Contractor
ID Card Lost Letter – Retired or Sister Service Member

A copy of the lost letter can also be obtained from the MPF One Stop Shop SharePoint Site, our office or your first sergeant. Please click on MPF One Stop Shop, go to "Customer Support" and select "ID Cards" to find the lost letter templates and additional resources. 

Every CAC or ID Card must be registered in Defense Biometric ID System (DBIDS) to authorize personnel access to one or more military installations. Upon arrival at the gate, your CAC or ID card will be scanned and registered for entry.