Raquel “Renae” Fischer is the Vice Director, 86th Airlift Wing, Ramstein Air Base, Germany. In this position, she serves as the senior civilian leader to the commander supporting headquarters U.S. Air Forces in Europe-Air Forces Africa, Third Air Force, two tenant wings and more than 120 mission partners, to include the integration of and caring for the greater Kaiserslautern Military Community and its 56,000 U.S. service members, civilians and families. As the civilian Vice Director, Ms. Fischer oversees the Wing Staff Agencies supporting seven groups and 30 squadrons across four bases in Germany, Spain, Belgium and Portugal that comprise the 86 AW. The wing’s mission is to build Airmen, project power and support partners. The 86 AW conducts USAFE-AFAFRICA’s only airlift, airdrop and aeromedical evacuation flying operations, providing rapid mobility and expeditionary combat support for military operations. Before assuming her current position, Ms. Fischer was in the Civilian Strategic Leadership Program, serving as the Deputy Director, 86th Mission Support Group.
Prior to her positions in the 86 AW, Ms. Fischer served as Division Chief, National Environmental Policy Act, Environmental Directorate, Air Force Civil Engineer Center, Air Force Installation and Mission Support Center, San Antonio, Texas. She oversaw environmental planning actions supporting critical mission beddowns directed by the Secretary of the Air Force estimated at more than $5 billion, to include the Presidential Aircraft Recapitalization, F-35A, KC-46A, F-22, F-16 FTU and MQ-9. Ms. Fischer has held a variety of positions at the installation, higher headquarters and primary subordinate unit for both the U.S. Army and Air Force. She currently holds a registration from the National Registry for Environmental Managers and is certified as Level 3 Acquisition Professional in Facility Engineering. Ms. Fischer served four years active duty Air Force prior to her civil service career.
1998 – Bachelor of Science, Environmental Science, Louisiana State University, Shreveport
2011 – Master of Science, Geosciences, Mississippi State University, Starkville
2014 – Air Command and Staff College (Correspondence)
2018 – Department of Defense Executive Leadership Development Program, Washington, D.C.
2021 – Air War College (Correspondence)
1. May 1999 – November 2004, Physical Scientist, US Army – Europe, Landstuhl, Germany
2. November 2004 – July 2013, Program Manager/Flight Chief, Environmental & Asset Management, Columbus AFB, Miss.
3. July 2013 – February 2015, NEPA Program Manager, Air Force Civil Engineer Center, Joint Base San Antonio, Texas
4. February 2015 – August 2015, Strategic Asset Management Analyst, AFCEC, JBSA, Texas
5. August 2015 – November 2016, Branch Chief, Environmental Restoration, AFCEC, JBSA, Texas
6. November 2016 – July 2019, Division Chief, National Environmental Policy Act, AFCEC, JBSA, Texas
7. July 2019 – October 2021, Deputy Director, 86 MSG, Ramstein AB, Germany
8. September 2021 – Present, Vice Director, 86 AW, Ramstein AB, Germany
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Civilian Achievement Award
Exemplary Civilian Service Award
Meritorious Civilian Service Award
Armed Forces Civilian Service Award
(Current as of February 2022)