Directions from Frankfurt IAP and Rhein Main Air Base to Ramstein Air Base
Published March 04, 2009
1. When departing Frankfurt IAP, follow signs for A5 towards BASEL or DARMSTADT.
2. After a few minutes (perhaps 15 or so), you will see signs for A67 -- GET IN THE CENTER/LEFT LANE, and follow A67 (Left Split).
3. When you pass the town of LORSCH, you will see an exit on the far right for A6 MANNHEIM, KAISERSLAUTERN, and SAARBRUECKEN -- TAKE THIS EXIT.
4. Once on A6, Kaiserslautern is only about 45 minutes away. You'll cross the Rhein River, and pass Autobahnkreuz Frankenthal. Continue on A6; you'll pass an exit for Bad Durkheim, Leiningen, Hochspeyer, and will enter the city of Kaiserslautern.
5. Go past the KL-Ost and KL-West exits to the KL-EINSIEDLERHOF exit (Fruit of the Loom factory will be on your right). Follow the road through the circle and to the base. Once through the gate, go under the overpass, and Ramstein Lodging will be on your right before the light.